Lazy & Wasteful

Satay is one Malaysian food which is irresistible to many people. Recentlykuching_food@songfoodcourt_01, I had dinner with a friend at a food court in Jalan Song, Kuching. My friend side-ordered a serving of beef and chicken satay. I for one am not a fan of satay. I fail to understand why some folks go gaga over it. It's expensive to pay for a real meal of satay and only good for either pampering or spoiling your taste buds. It's barbequed stuff and you all know too much of that is bad ain't good for health.

And if you happen to sit next to a satay stall, be prepared to end up smelling like a big walking piece of satay yourself. Smoky !!

kuching_food@songfoodcourt_19The satay and the smoke don't bother me, though. What really comes to me is this... these days,the laziness and wasteful habits of people are astounding and hard to accept. Styrofoam packs meant for takeaway food are being used to serve the satay to sit-in customers. It it was me, I would have second thoughts about ordering food from that satay seller, cos I'll also be guilty of environmental abuse.

Mind you, you as the customer are paying for it as the cost of the disposable and envikuching_food@songfoodcourt_13ronmentally unfriendly thing is passed on to you. We all know that these non-biodegradable junk end up in the landfills and remain there for eternity.

Enjoy food responsibly. But please, don't be lazy and Wasteful.


Quote of the Day:
An argument is the longest distance between two points of view.
--Dan Bennett

0 comments: